Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Let's get interested


An idea came to me to catalog or otherwise document the personal sites, movies, art, or just weird shit that I come across while surfing the net on a day-to-day basis. What happens to the truly interesting, bizarre, and awesome sites that just don't hold my attention longer than an afternoon, or ones that I am unable to tell you about because I cease to care, forget, or just don't talk to you that often, but still think you (you = everyone) would find interesting or at least amusing? Usually they'd be relegated to my bookmarks and then never looked at again. Now, they will be here. I envision this blog as a place not unlike a cyb0r thrift store, a place where things change really often and you never know what you might find. I do not intend to write much about each site, however, do know that these links have all been extensively reviewed and determined to waste at least 15 minutes of your time, at the end of which you won't want back. This is not going to be a trainwreck syndrome support blog, but with that in mind, and to give you the first introduction to the jumbled, convoluted, and otherwise unorganized splotch of cyberspace that I otherwise refer to as my entertainment:

Frank and Cindy.

I got a gift subscription to Netflix for Christmas from my mom. I am busy going through Season 1 of This American Life, the NPR show that decided it needed to be on TV. This story was featured on an episode. I'm glad it was, because this story wouldn't work on radio at all.

A guy's mom marries a man who was in a one-hit-wonder boyband in the 70s. She expects him to make it big, but he becomes an alcoholic who lives in the basement. Yet their marriage works and simultaneously manages to be hilariously dysfunctional and quite touching.

The guy decides to start filming their lives. Then he decides to make a movie. I haven't seen the
movie yet, but I'll definitely add it to my queue. Whoops, just checked. It's not on Netflix. Go figure.

2 comments:

  1. Excited to read your blog, Victoria! You always do have the most interesting stories in person, so I expect only the most fascinating stories from you virtually. Can I link you on my blog so others can read? I'm just going to do it now and you can complain later if you want. http://LetUsGoThen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete